Time has changed, people and their habits have changed, but one thing is constant, i.e. your dental problems. Yes, it’s true, the majority of the people nowadays are suffering from various teeth issues, some have a toothache, while others are facing cavity. The interesting part is that these all things are happening despite the fact that people are now more concerned about their teeth. They know how important their teeth are. Out of all these problems, tooth loss is something which not only causes you problems but it is also a matter of huge embarrassment.
Just imagine how would it feel to talk to your loved ones with a missing tooth, you would surely not feel pleasant and rightly so. Apart from appearances, you’re eating habit also gets a huge jolt because of your broken tooth. You would no more be able to eat your favorite food; in short, your whole lifestyle would be changed. Now the reason for tooth loss may be different and depends on person to person. Some lose their teeth in an accident while some lose it because of chewing tobacco.
The world has seen a drastic improvement in the dental care system. Today every dental problem no matter how big it is has a solution and tooth loss is no different. A dental implants treatment is regarded as one of the best solutions to the missing, broken, damaged or discolored tooth.
In this article, we will go into the detail of this whole procedure and will try to understand its benefits. So let’s start with the procedure.
A dental implant is basically a small screw which is made up titanium which is directly inserted into your jaw by your dentist. To insert the implant in the jawbone, a short operation is done. Now one must not get panicked after hearing the word “operation” as it is done under local anesthesia and the patient would feel absolutely nothing during the whole procedure. Once fitted, it forms a solid base and acts just as your normal tooth and does the same function without any hassle.
The first thing you need to do is to find the best dentist who can perform this operation diligently. The time taken in the whole dental implant procedure depends upon him.
Dental implants are various types. You can use them for replacement of single tooth, multiple teeth or even a full upper or lower set of your teeth.
Following are some of the benefits of dental implants that you all must be aware of:
- It is suitable for everyone: Lot of people has apprehension that their teeth would get harmed if they use implants which is absolutely incorrect. A dental implant is for everyone, anyone with a missing, damaged tooth can use this. Though in some cases your dentist would determine whether you should use implants or not.
- It enhances your personality: Person with a shinier set of teeth definite looks better than a person with missing or discolored teeth. You would feel more confident while talking, and it is also helpful in job interviews.
- Eat whatever you want: We all love eating, don’t we? After implants, you can eat your favorite food without any pain whatsoever.
- It is absolutely safe: The whole dental implant procedure is absolutely safe and it has a success ratio of up to 96%.
- Prevents bone loss by preserving and maintaining bone mass.
The above-mentioned are only a few of the many benefits dental implants have. So if you are facing this missing tooth problem and feel awkward about it, then visit your dentist today and get the implants done.